Vaesen – Nordic Horror Roleplaying
Welcome to the Mythic North – northern Europe of the nineteenth century, but not as we know it today. A land where the myths are real. A cold reach covered by vast forests, its few cities lonely beacons of industry and enlightenment – a new civilization dawning. But in the countryside, the old ways still hold sway. There, people know what lurks in the dark. They know to fear it.
Vaesen – Nordic Horror Roleplaying is written by Nils Hintze and based on the work of Swedish illustrator and author Johan Egerkrans. Vaesen presents a dark Gothic setting steeped in Nordic folklore and the old myths of Scandinavia. The game mechanics utilize an adapted version of the awardwinning Year Zero Engine.
- Ten ready to use archetypes let you create a character in minutes – or use the included life path tables and let the dice decide.
- Quick and flavorful rules for combat, investigations and horror.
- Rules for developing the player characters’ headquarters during campaign play.
- A detailed gazetteer of the Mythic North setting and the town of Upsala.
- A score of bloodcurdling vaesen to encounter, all beautifully illustrated by Johan Egerkrans.
- An introductory Mystery called The Dance of Dreams.